Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor has a 2004 rhino 660. It overheated several times. I remember from when I had my rhino 660 I put a shroud behind it to pull more air through the radiator and it solved the problem. Do they still sell those things or is there a better way to stop the overheating now. I am at work so no I didn’t do a search yet. Just hoping some kind person will hit up this thread. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't leap off the "shroud" bridge just yet - there are multiple reasons for an engine to over heat especially on units this old. A damaged radiator, externally or internally. A bad thermostat (if so equipped?), a water pump with impeller damage, a bad radiator cap, or a cooling fan not working properly. These are things to consider checking before before assuming what fixed your Rhino will be the same fix for another - it may require "your fix" but check out the other items I mentioned first..

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it’s clean. I know the fan runs. And I know the thermostat opened when burping the air out. I don’t know if everything works together correctly. If it was me the first thing I would do is get rid of the idiot light and replace it with a temp. Gauge that way he could test things with temp readout. I paid 50$ for my shroud it was a huge improvement over stock. These radiators are always collecting dirt and mud the shroud helps pull air through the open holes instead of pulling from around it. Money well spent.

·
Registered
745 Posts
"These radiators are always collecting dirt and mud the shroud helps pull air through the open holes instead of pulling from around it." Oh, guess I forgot some people actually use these things for fun..
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts