Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha Rhino 660
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble locating a head pipe for my 04 660.
when i do come across 1, its either way too expensive or shipping takes forever.
Please Help, im going to Ocala in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
2008 700EF
8 Posts
Partzilla has them for $170. Shipping is 2-3 days. I know that's not inexpensive, but you're running out of time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ebay has Chinese ones I'm pretty sure. I recently installed a Caltric silencer on my rhino, has worked fine so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ebay has Chinese ones I'm pretty sure. I recently installed a Caltric silencer on my rhino, has worked fine so far.
Would you mind Taking a picture of your exhaust set up. I took the advice of some guy on this forum who gave part numbers and included pics of a Thrush glass pack installed on his Rhino. So I put it on mine. And its just as loud- only different. And it sticks out out enough that my bed wont tilt anymore. So I'm looking for something different- That is quiet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Would you mind Taking a picture of your exhaust set up. I took the advice of some guy on this forum who gave part numbers and included pics of a Thrush glass pack installed on his Rhino. So I put it on mine. And its just as loud- only different. And it sticks out out enough that my bed wont tilt anymore. So I'm looking for something different- That is quiet.
Sorry, just saw this now. The Caltric (Chinese) muffler is an exact copy of the OEM Yamaha one, so it fits and looks just like the Yamaha one. I'm still using the original head pipe. My rhino is a four seater, so it's a pain to lift the bed to get a good look at the exhaust. But the Caltric one looks identical to the Yamaha one.

My apologies to the OP, I thought I saw some head pipes on Ebay when I got my silencer, but I just checked now and didn't see any at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, just saw this now. The Caltric (Chinese) muffler is an exact copy of the OEM Yamaha one, so it fits and looks just like the Yamaha one. I'm still using the original head pipe. My rhino is a four seater, so it's a pain to lift the bed to get a good look at the exhaust. But the Caltric one looks identical to the Yamaha one.

My apologies to the OP, I thought I saw some head pipes on Ebay when I got my silencer, but I just checked now and didn't see any at all.
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for something quieter than the stock exhaust I had on mine. I'm trying to fit a Walker Quite Series oval muffler on mine right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts