Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that everybody has their own opinion, I want to hear them. I am looking at putting a system into my Rhino, and with all of the other $ I have thrown into this rig getting it ready for the fam to enjoy, $200 is the max I can justify to throw into the stereo. It is a 4 seater, and all I really care about is playing the ipod, that being said I want to be able to just plug my ipod into it and have it charge itself... less of a pain. I also would prefer to be able to have a remote to switch songs and adjust the sound, but that is not a must. I would like it to look clean and sound good. Am I being realistic? Thanks for any input you may have. Chad

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I know that everybody has their own opinion, I want to hear them. I am looking at putting a system into my Rhino, and with all of the other $ I have thrown into this rig getting it ready for the fam to enjoy, $200 is the max I can justify to throw into the stereo. It is a 4 seater, and all I really care about is playing the ipod, that being said I want to be able to just plug my ipod into it and have it charge itself... less of a pain. I also would prefer to be able to have a remote to switch songs and adjust the sound, but that is not a must. I would like it to look clean and sound good. Am I being realistic? Thanks for any input you may have. Chad
Take a look at some of the marine amps. You can hook them up with a decent set of speakers and plug an ipod or sat radio into it with a dash mounted volume control. For a remote, you will need a separate head unit and pay more then $200.00. My opinion for the best ( which will cost a little more then $200.00) is a 4 place Rugged Radio intercom system, which will cut down outside noise, music will sound excellent, and automaticly mute when anyone talks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
James got any pics? What speakers and what amp? Is that with the ipod conection that charges it while its plugged in?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey man I went the cheapo route. Here is my link of my youtube video. I put a pioneer head unit from wally world $70.00. 5 1/2 " speakers,$35.00. I had a used mtx 250amp un-bridged,overkill. Bought a 10" lanzar sub and box for $100.00. The sub is the only thing powered. The 5 1/2's run off of the head unit power. Plenty of power, with nice bottom end. Love it!!! Super easy and really inexpensive.Does'nt affect the lights at all. I started off with it bridged, and the lights flickered with the music. Un-bridged they run normally with no flickering! Have fun! I hope this helps ya!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gman. does your sub/amp ever get to hot or wet?
also how did you get a box to mount the head unit/speakers
Looking to do a set up like this myself with a memphis 10 and audiobahn 400 watt
havent decided on head unit/speakers yet
Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Some company make a standard head unit for a car that you put your ipod in the radio like a cassette or old 8-track. Don't remember the company or how rugged it is.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gman. does your sub/amp ever get to hot or wet?
also how did you get a box to mount the head unit/speakers
Looking to do a set up like this myself with a memphis 10 and audiobahn 400 watt
havent decided on head unit/speakers yet
Thanks!
Yeah buddy, that is a utv specific under dash enclosure that holds 5 1/4" speakers. I think I've seen them in cabelas or ebay. It was in my Rhino when I bought it. The stereo, was broken and the speakers were shot. So I went to wally world , picked up some new Pioneer's and a pioneer stereo with an Ipod plug. The box I picked up at a local stereo shop that fits under the driver seat perfectly! Mounted the amp to the box, installed a handle on top of the box for ease of removal. The heat seemed to be normal on the amp. It did not seem to be out of the ordinary. Added quick disconnects to the main power lines, so that I can remove it quickly for washing. As far as getting it wet... I don't go thru water crossings. I pretty much play in the desert. So it will stay dry. Good luck buddy. If you need pics I can probably take some this weekend in the sunlight and email them to ya. Pm me a email if you like. Take care.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info man,
I cross a creek every now and then and I play in the mud.
I got a speaker grill and everything on the sub is sealed so water shouldnt affect it
plus i will take it out if i go muddin
I gotta find me a dash like that soon lol
I think I got it figured out. If I have any more questions Ill let you go
Thanks for all the info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts