Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You can do what ever you want but for safety purposes I would not recommend it at all. There are some bench seats that face out the back and keep the rear passengers close to the roll cage but I'd still be concerned.

If you don't want to purchase a 4 seat cage find someone who knows how to weld and add some cage to it. It wont be the best or the safest but it will be better than 2 seats in the rear with no cage.

I've seen so many people in the dunes like this and its just crazy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can add two seats, but I would not put anyone in them until you get a cage built. You have a responsibility as a owner/operator to keep your passengers as save as possible when riding. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
o

what about facing forward would it be back heavy i plan on the 4 seater cage

You can do what ever you want but for safety purposes I would not recommend it at all. There are some bench seats that face out the back and keep the rear passengers close to the roll cage but I'd still be concerned.

If you don't want to purchase a 4 seat cage find someone who knows how to weld and add some cage to it. It wont be the best or the safest but it will be better than 2 seats in the rear with no cage.

I've seen so many people in the dunes like this and its just crazy.
whos riding in san diego

·
Registered
197 Posts
The easiest way is to just buy everything in a kit form. I paid $1500 for mine. It came with a rear suspension bench seat, two matching front seats, front and rear Crow harnesses, the rear cage extension, a cooler carrier, and a canvas top.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes you can. My buddy added two of the factory stock seats from the front to the bed area. He does custom cages and aluminum work too if you need it and tell him Tim sent you...Chris @ eyeball fab 951-288-0391. He is a full custom rail company.

·
Registered
197 Posts
does your front in come up ever on up hills or jumping cause of the people in the back???
I've never tried jumping it with anyone in the back. Rhino's are front end heavy to begin with. So if anything, adding weight to the rear will help them to land flatter.

I have jumped it before adding the rear cage, however:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts