Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been lookin at 2'' lifts..a nd doesnt look like theres much to them. so how much out or down does it relocate the shocks..cause i can build the brackets at work and weld them on..dont trust bolting them on

·
Registered
170 Posts
check out the rubberdowncustoms set up i have never had problems whith mine

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nothing against Rubberdown as he makes a great product that is forsure. I am running the cfm 2" lift and for the price I picked it up on ebay you cant beat it. I dont even think its worth your time making it for 50 ish bucks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i dont remember ever seeing that cfm lift when i bought my rubberdown. it does look good to me. not the first time i spent alot more money than i needed to not the last either lol

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so the bolt ones dont move or anything..they seem as if they would move..thats y i was goona weld some on

·
Registered
73 Posts
No the bold on lift will not move. The brackets have some material machined out so its a nice tight fit over your old mounts.

IMO this is the way to go with the rhino if your just looking for a little more clearance. Cheap and very effective.

MB

·
Registered
178 Posts
Would it be bad to only install the rear lift? I have a saggy back four seater. I have adjusted the preload on my progressive hd shocks, but I think the leverage that my wide offset wheels are putting on my shocks offsets the preload of the shocks and hd springs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
IMO just adding the back will make your rhino sit like an old camaro with something to prove. lol I would just put the front and back in its quick and easy to do and its only about 50$ for the kit off ebay.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have the RDC front leveling kit and it is super strong and does a great job leveling up the bike! I modified it to keep the shock in stock alignment so the shock bushings would not bind at full compression of the suspension.

I would not recommend any lift on the rear unless you run limiting straps or notch the frame. With 3/4" of lift on the rear at full shock extension my right rear axle would hit the frame, not a real big deal but could cause premature failure of the axle.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just installed cfm 2in lift. I went from 11 3/4 in to 14 1/2 inchs. It seems solid. The rhino is deff taller. And. If i had 28's or watever that one guy had and not 26's id be clearing a 5gal pail. Im 1inch away from clearing it. I give it 2 thumbs up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just got mine in today. Gonna put it on tomorrow any pointers but seems pretty straight forward. do you need to get an alignment after

·
Registered
356 Posts
no pix yet, but bustem504, for the front i had to grind some material off the lift bracket to clear the welds on the shock mount, and that was all pretty straight forward install, the rears i didnt even take the wheels off, if stuck google cfm 2in lift on images youl see pix of front and rear itll help.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks moon took me about 30 mins it looks good now
Is the alignment off on your machine

·
Registered
356 Posts
i hvnt drivin it yet, just give it the old stanly alignment check.. using a measuring tape.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts