Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am in the process of putting greaseless weights in my shiny brand new Hunterworks sheave. I also have the purple spring with white stripe for the assembly as well. The engine is stock except for Muzzys exhaust and a filter and jetting. I ride 50% dunes and 50% desert. should I get the 14g weights or the 16g weights? anyone's input is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to find a happy medium. Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would call Todd at hw on his cell phone that he gives out under his signature and ask him. I'll bet he can help on this.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Todd doesn't like 14's because they can crush.

but I'm running 14' OD's with aluminum inserts and no problems yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sorry, Its a 660. Not looking for Max performance in the dunes or desert, but a comprimise between the two. Thanks!!!

·
Banned
833 Posts
Hello. I am in the process of putting greaseless weights in my shiny brand new Hunterworks sheave. I also have the purple spring with white stripe for the assembly as well. The engine is stock except for Muzzys exhaust and a filter and jetting. I ride 50% dunes and 50% desert. should I get the 14g weights or the 16g weights? anyone's input is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to find a happy medium. Thanks!
the one i seen was real sharp on the edge where the seal is from the machining and was cutting the belt....might want to check yours

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wonder what kind of return policy comes with it?

1,651 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
If you were convinced that Todd's sheeve was the one to have, why are you coming over here for advice on how to set it up? Did you talk to him and ask what weights he would suggest? That's a lot of money to spend and have no idea what to do with the part.
For a 660 I would recommend 14gr greasless rollers from JBS, because I like the idea of a thicker aluminum center. Just sounds like it will be stronger. Use the weights to tune the CVT to your engines power band. The spring you choose for the secondary sheeve will effect the rate at which the CVT back shifts when climbing, helping the engine to stay in it's power band.

·
Registered
815 Posts
im running james sheave,14 gram ods,gold spring,and it does great,cruises at 5000 to 5500,and when i get on the throttle it will shoot up to 7500 to 7800 rpms,i love it,but my engine is built see sig.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
im running james sheave,14 gram ods,gold spring,and it does great,cruises at 5000 to 5500,and when i get on the throttle it will shoot up to 75 to 7800 rpms,i love it,but my engine is built see sig.

How tall of a tire are you running, and is the speed being read off a GPS? The stock pulleys in the CVT don't have enough gearing to do 75mph at 8,000rpm let alone 7,800 with stock size tires.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts