Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded for an 09 Rhino 700 with 14" Motosport Tork Wheels with 3/4 spacers and 30" Mudlite XXL Tires. it looks cool and drives ok but noticed that if I turn sharp the tires rub the fender wells and when on a down hill grade with a heavy rider, the tire actually hits the fender.

Is there a fix for this or do I need to change wheels and tires. I had 12" Deltas with 27" Mudlite XL's on my 660 and were fine.

What are the cons of the bigger tire and more weight?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have 30" mudlites on mine; with no spacers in front I get no rubbing on the floorboard/fenders. In the rear, they'd hit for certain if the last owner hadn't have cut the quarter plastic. A little fuzzy but you can see it in the photo below. When they are shot I will replace them with 27s or 28s and replace the plastic, there is just no reason to go that large. More weight, less power, fitment problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, they are too big. I have already taken them off and put my spare set of mud lite 27x10x12 on front and 27x12x12 on rear on deltas. it's much better but a buddy wants to buy them so i'm wanting a set of 12" DWT True Beadlock wheels and considering Zilla tires as they are lighter. I like the 10s on front and 12s on back but Zilla only have their 27s in 9 and 11. I can go with 28s and get 10 and 12 which are the same weight as the Mud Lite 27s. Anyone running these? Any rubbing issues on the 28s?

BTW the 27x9x12 and the 27x11x12 Zillas are 20 lbs lighter than the 27x10x12 and 27x12x12 Mud Lites per set

·
Registered
96 Posts
You selling the 30's, never mind guess i should not have been so lazy and looked in the For Sale before asking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts