Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin to get 12 " itp 212s for my 25" bighorns that i all ready have. will the 12" hold up for a side x side wieght? and what is the standard off set for the rhino?

·
Registered
647 Posts
YES - trhey will work fine. I have them on my rhino (as do TONS of others) with no issue.

The 'standard' offset for the rears is 5+2. I believe the fronts are slightly less, but can't recall.

I have 5+2 SS212s on the front, and 2+5's on the rears (no recall spacers)... they work great!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
as long as they a SxS wheel they will be fine. some of the douglas spun stuff wont hold up.

I run 2' spacers with 5+3 wheels all the way around. no problems.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
No, stock rears are 5+2.

Stock fronts are an odd ball size not reproduced in an aftermarket wheel.

If you have long travel, go with all 5+2 offset. If you have wheel spacers in the back, do the same.

If you don't have spacers, you can do the reverse offset 2+5 in the rear for more stability, but the tires will stick out of the fenders a little, throwing more mud.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I got DWT Diablo Beadlocks 12/7 in 4+3 all the way around.. I ran the 2+5's for a while and while they gave a more stable ride the bearings paid the price so I went back a little closer to stock with the +3's for longer bearing life.... 12's work great and take less abuse than 14's, I tried 14's and tore them all to pieces with the rock we got here in Tennessee...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
get the 4+3 you can use with stock or long travel or I run omf beadlocks 5+3 rear and 4+2 front

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went from 14" 4+3 front and 2+5 rear DWT Diablos to 12" 4+3 DWT Diablos on all four and DWT rates these for UTVs / SxS. I like the 12s better and it helps having the bigger side wall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts