Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
my DASA racing 686 setup with stage 2 cam, FCR carb, exhaust, dyna cdi and coil, PWR coolers, K&N filter with custom intake boot, Mikuni high flow fuel pump, grizzly sheave (for now), 12:1 compression, c12 race gas FREAKIN RIPS!!!! I can break loose some 27" BFGs on asphault taking off straight, and curl it into a donut! I am more than impressed with the 40-43HP I am now making! I still need to have ACI do my clutch work. Best $ I have spent on rhino. I run paddlemasters in Glamis by GBC, and stockers in front on some SBR simulated beadlock wheels. Works great. I am wanting a set of 5 of the 489 tires (25" 2ply) I want the spare in case I pop a 2 ply tire. I want the 2 ply for best floatation. Never heard of anyone running them, but I may be the 1st to let ya'lll know!

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
blahblahblah said:
I am wanting a set of 5 of the 489 tires (25" 2ply) I want the spare in case I pop a 2 ply tire. I want the 2 ply for best floatation. Never heard of anyone running them, but I may be the 1st to let ya'lll know!
Never heard of anyone running 489's? :?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
...Never heard of anyone running them...
I think he meant the 2 ply version.

I had the 2 plys from Wal-mart, i got rid of them and got the 4 ply version. Although the 2 plys were really soft but with the jumping I do I am afraid I would bust them or something.

I am going with the skat trak paddles for the rear now, it seems that after this weekend that is the setup that dominates.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
Oh ok, according to the carlisle tire website the weight is the same between 3 and 4 ply. I don't see any 2 ply versions. The load rating of the 4 ply vs. the 3ply is about 3x. 4ply is very light so their might not be a benefit but the popping sound might be cool to hear. :D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
well the 489s I got had 1 star which is 2 ply
the tire with 2 stars is the 3 ply
the tire with 3 stars is the 4 ply tire
and the tire with the 4 stars is the 6 ply

send me that link for the website you are looking at, i want to see if its the same one I looked at for 489 tire info.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I bought the 4 ply and tested them out at the dunes this weekend and they worked like a dream! I ran them at about 4psi.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I am standing up for woods on this one, Anyone that knows anything about racing knows that ron wood knows how to make a 4 stroke go.
some people have seen the pipe on my rhino, On presd. weekend, I will have the carb and intake and some paddles. anyone wanting to find out for sure. just come find me.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
max powers said:
I am standing up for woods on this one, Anyone that knows anything about racing knows that ron wood knows how to make a 4 stroke go.
some people have seen the pipe on my rhino, On presd. weekend, I will have the carb and intake and some paddles. anyone wanting to find out for sure. just come find me.
How do you think the Woods pipe will work with a 686 kit? Im in the market, but want to make sure its future proof..... :p

It will oc course have to have the Super Trapp tip on it!!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I think you would be almost untouchable, that pipe is the **** for mid to top end. I beat the crap out of the dr.d in one trip. I've had the woods pipe running about 20 hrs with no problems other than it melting the tab on my liftgate from the hotair. You won't have that problem with the supertrapp. If you call the proshop and tell them you want the glamisdunes discount, you can get it for $550.00 plus ship, or pick it up for free.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Mr. Off-Road said:
man, i wouldnt run the dragonfire exhaust if it was free. that thing sounds horrible, like 10 gas-powered leaf blowers all at once.
Lol, I am running it......and it was free! :p I added the Super Trapp tips which helped, but Im looking for something even more quite!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.