Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
Crwcompact said:
WOTM said:
I find this hard to believe too. All the stock Rhinos I've seen also dyno higher than 19rwhp.

I raced Wild Bill's 760, a few Trinity and Alba 686's and some other Rhinos this weekend at the Rhino Crash. School was in session:) I'll have some pics up soon.
???? Did you race them at the drags? Just wondering there was about 15 or so racing over and over. A couple Grey painted rhinos were always leading.
I was part of that racing. The rhinos were pretty even but alot of it had to do with the jump. Sometimes no one wanted to wait to lineup they just went.

One thing I learned though is that WOTM's 686 is the fastest of the bunch. There was a camo rhino with smooth front and he was very fast too.

·
4,197 Posts
I think Bill had issues with his timing this weekend so I can't say it was 100%. WOTM can say better how he fared on that race.

I know I road with WOTM from cement flats to pad 3 and I could barely see his flag light when he arrived. I got there several minutes later.

·
4,197 Posts
blahblahblah said:
I am wanting a set of 5 of the 489 tires (25" 2ply) I want the spare in case I pop a 2 ply tire. I want the 2 ply for best floatation. Never heard of anyone running them, but I may be the 1st to let ya'lll know!
Never heard of anyone running 489's? :?

·
4,197 Posts
Oh ok, according to the carlisle tire website the weight is the same between 3 and 4 ply. I don't see any 2 ply versions. The load rating of the 4 ply vs. the 3ply is about 3x. 4ply is very light so their might not be a benefit but the popping sound might be cool to hear. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.