Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is this too good to be true?


Wood Racing has developed a bolt-on performance kit that does just that! All dyno tests were done on K&N Filters’ in house dyno with their technician at the controls. Dyno runs tested rear wheel horsepower with stock output at 19.3 horsepower, while the Wood Racing system increased the power output to 38.87 HP.

The performance kit consists of three major components, easy to install, replacing the intake, exhaust and ignition systems:

• The FreeFlow carburetor kit consists of a specially modified and jetted Mikuni TM45 flat slide smooth bore carburetor, using the factory choke cable, a new throttle cable, plus the latest K&N XStream filter with built in velocity stack.

• The new ignition increases the RPM from 7800 to 9000, with a comparable increase in performance.

• The high performance exhaust is designed and built in-house, utilizing a true reverse cone megaphone that increases power throughout the entire rev range, excelling in midrange and top end horsepower, with a polished Cermichrome finish for good looks and durability. Supertrapp spark arrestor available on request with no loss of horsepower in testing.

Kit price $1,729.00

The Yamaha Rhino performance parts have been developed using decades of experience building the fastest four stroke singles in the world. Kits have been field tested under desert and dune conditions with excellent results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I'm calling "BULLSHIT"!!!
I find that hard to believe. and it were true they'd porbably want more like 5 grand rather than 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,714 Posts
Allen said:
I'm calling "BULLSHIT"!!!
I find that hard to believe. and it were true they'd porbably want more like 5 grand rather than 2.
Agreed, if it were that easy with those basic parts, everybody would already be selling the same kit. And Wood Racing isnt THAT good.......Places like KMS and Alba wouldve already capitalized on this if it was that simple. I will say one thing about Woods though, thyre good at bending you over and "Effing" you on the price! Does that kit come with an industrial size tube of KY? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,407 Posts
ok... so lets say it's true. How will the motor and drive train components hold up to that power?

It's been my expeiance that go big somewhere, something else has to give down the line.

A hot fire burns out quicker. I'd rather have dependability and durability than 2X the juice....
 
G

·
I find this hard to believe too. All the stock Rhinos I've seen also dyno higher than 19rwhp.

I raced Wild Bill's 760, a few Trinity and Alba 686's and some other Rhinos this weekend at the Rhino Crash. School was in session:) I'll have some pics up soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
WOTM said:
I find this hard to believe too. All the stock Rhinos I've seen also dyno higher than 19rwhp.

I raced Wild Bill's 760, a few Trinity and Alba 686's and some other Rhinos this weekend at the Rhino Crash. School was in session:) I'll have some pics up soon.
???? Did you race them at the drags? Just wondering there was about 15 or so racing over and over. A couple Grey painted rhinos were always leading.
 

·
Life serves the risk taker
Joined
·
4,197 Posts
Crwcompact said:
WOTM said:
I find this hard to believe too. All the stock Rhinos I've seen also dyno higher than 19rwhp.

I raced Wild Bill's 760, a few Trinity and Alba 686's and some other Rhinos this weekend at the Rhino Crash. School was in session:) I'll have some pics up soon.
???? Did you race them at the drags? Just wondering there was about 15 or so racing over and over. A couple Grey painted rhinos were always leading.
I was part of that racing. The rhinos were pretty even but alot of it had to do with the jump. Sometimes no one wanted to wait to lineup they just went.

One thing I learned though is that WOTM's 686 is the fastest of the bunch. There was a camo rhino with smooth front and he was very fast too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is saying a lot, because WildBill is running an Alba Stroker motor in his, 760 or 780cc.

If WOTM is beating him with a 686 kit than that is AWESOME! I want one!!
 

·
Life serves the risk taker
Joined
·
4,197 Posts
I think Bill had issues with his timing this weekend so I can't say it was 100%. WOTM can say better how he fared on that race.

I know I road with WOTM from cement flats to pad 3 and I could barely see his flag light when he arrived. I got there several minutes later.
 
G

·
Chandler said:
I think Bill had issues with his timing this weekend so I can't say it was 100%. WOTM can say better how he fared on that race.

I know I road with WOTM from cement flats to pad 3 and I could barely see his flag light when he arrived. I got there several minutes later.
I slowed a few times to make sure you will still coming incase you ran out of gas too!

I raced Wild Bill with his Alba 760 kit and worked him pretty hard. I also raced a Trinity 686 and another Alba 686 and a few others and none were very close at all.

There was a rhino at the drags that was pretty quick with smooth buffs upfront and padels in the rear. That tire combo flatout works. I drove one and it was a huge difference.

The kicker when I raced all those guys is my Rhino was slower because I was trying a set of 27in Padels and those put way too much drag on my Rhino. I put my 489's on AFTER I raced everyone and it was much faster. Chandler and I went to the Cement flats after I swapped tires and I hit 56mph on Sand Highway. I was only able to hit 50mph with the 27in padels. The Arospeed ones suck. No one should buy them!
 

·
Life serves the risk taker
Joined
·
4,197 Posts
Yeah, sand highway was pretty rediculous watching you just disappear. I bet it was fun driving that fast over the high speed woops.
 
G

·
Chandler said:
Yeah, sand highway was pretty rediculous watching you just disappear. I bet it was fun driving that fast over the high speed woops.
Long travel and a well built 686 power makes it a whole new driving experience. Next time we're out you're welcome to ride/drive it. I bet you'll like it:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so what tire setup were you running when you pulled away from Chandler on sand highway?

Chandler what tires did you have while you were trying to keep up?
 
G

·
Mr. Off-Road said:
so what tire setup were you running when you pulled away from Chandler on sand highway?

Chandler what tires did you have while you were trying to keep up?
We both had 489's at the time he was speaking of.

I only got to race Chandler up the hill once with the padels but it wasn't any better and might have been worse than when we raced and both had 489s!
 

·
Life serves the risk taker
Joined
·
4,197 Posts
My rhino is stock with cheap mods and his is maxed. It's like comparing apples and oranges. His is in the performance rhino class, mine is in the pennytech class.
 
G

·
Smooth buffs and 8 padel skat tracks are the way to go. I raced one and drove one and they were AWESOME.

Not quite maxed yet:) I have 15rwhp more to go!

Any issues that arise I will find solutions for. If I can make a 3.4L motor live with 1600hp I can certainly make a little 686 or 760 motor live:)

If we can't then I'll have an RC51 motor in it. I'll drop in a reliable 150hp motor. Then turbo that....
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top