Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but could not locate an answer.

I am looking for a pair of 1" wheel spacers (adapters) for the rear of my Rhino. I have 5+2 Rockstars and 27x9R12 Bighorns all around. The reason for a spacer is so that the rear track will match the front track. I am under the impression that such a spacer with a 5+2 rim will have a negligible effect on wheel bearing life.

I see there's a wide range of prices. Starting around $44 shipped in the USA, and going up over $100 + shipping, for what appears to be essentially the same thing.

All seem to be made from 6061 aluminum (one specified 6061-T6). Some use Nylocks and washers to attach the spacer to the original studs. Some use tapered nuts. Is one better than the other?

The cheaper units are just round; the more expensive units have fancy shapes. I was thinking that the plain round units would be stronger as there's more material?

And finally, regarding the pressed-in studs, one was Grade 8, another was Grade 10.9. Not everyone states the grade of their studs. Is this even an issue with our machines?

I have no problem paying more for a better-quality product. I just want to know that I'm getting my money's worth.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i ran the cheap ebay round ones, tapered nuts, put a little lock tite on and never had any issues

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I just got off the phone with a guy local to me; he has a used set for $25 (tapered nuts). Going to pick them up shortly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts