Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took motor out to fix reverse gear when put it back in it is cutting out like it’s losing fuel checked fuel pressure it’s good put gauge on fuel while running machine and when it cut out still had 47 lb pressure changed out fuel injector - change TPS sensor-used another ecu from a friends machine-checked stator it’s good - cleaned weights and put new grease in - bought new gasket between throttle body and intake found cracked in old one thought that would fix it but it didn’t don’t know what else to do. Anyone have any suggestions I really need some help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it cuts out when you hold at steady speed 20 or 30 it doesn’t matter cuts out and spits like it runs out of fuel push throttle back down it will take off again it was doing about 45 or little better then it started dropping down to about 86 wide open checked with wheels off ground run good run up to 46 47 like it should. Can’t figure it out if it’s fuel or electrical. Change out coil put new spark cap on old one had tear it changed that out. Changed out with two new spark plugs I just can’t figure it out wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I really appreciate any response thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it cuts out when you hold at steady speed 20 or 30 it doesn’t matter cuts out and spits like it runs out of fuel push throttle back down it will take off again it was doing about 45 or little better then it started dropping down to about 86 wide open checked with wheels off ground run good run up to 46 47 like it should. Can’t figure it out if it’s fuel or electrical. Change out coil put new spark cap on old one had tear it changed that out. Changed out with two new spark plugs I just can’t figure it out wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I really appreciate any response thanks I’m sorry not 86 type error 36

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like you’re hitting the rev limiter. Have you serviced the CVT clutch system lately? Take it apart and clean out the dried & crusted grease. I’d probably put a new belt on too since you’ll be taking it off anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you’re hitting the rev limiter. Have you serviced the CVT clutch system lately? Take it apart and clean out the dried & crusted grease. I’d probably put a new belt on too since you’ll be taking it off anyway.
I just cleaned it all put new grease in weights are fairly new Jbs od weights new clutch and carrier right before I fixed reverse grounded reverse limiter wire still didn’t fix it anymore suggestions greatly appreciated Runs great while riding in woods but as soon as get on road and speed up it cuts out

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Could have a weight the flopped over on reinstall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could have a weight the flopped over on reinstall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered new fuel pump gonna put it in when it comes in hope that this will fix my problem I’ve tried everything else if this doesn’t fix it I’ll take another look at my weights again sure would like to get it fix

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered new fuel pump gonna put it in when it comes in hope that this will fix my problem I’ve tried everything else if this doesn’t fix it I’ll take another look at my weights again sure would like to get it fix
Just letting everyone who helped me with my problem know that after changing fuel pump it didn’t fix the problem do I took weights plum out cleaned them and got looking at them and they were wore out we’re they slide Bought new slider weights fixed the problem now I’m running at about 45.46 mph thanks everyone. When I took it off before I just looked at them to see if they were in there right they were but when I took them out and cleaned them up I saw that they were worn out thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just letting everyone who helped me with my problem know that after changing fuel pump it didn’t fix the problem do I took weights plum out cleaned them and got looking at them and they were wore out we’re they slide Bought new slider weights fixed the problem now I’m running at about 45.46 mph thanks everyone. When I took it off before I just looked at them to see if they were in there right they were but when I took them out and cleaned them up I saw that they were worn out thanks again
Just rode rhino and the cutting out is still there runs great 45-46 top end but it seems like it cuts out when I let off fuel almost like you turn key off or like you turn fuel off starts good idles good but cuts out when you hold petal at steady speed and then let off fuel it cuts out anyone have any suggestions appreciate any help thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts