Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

08 Yamaha rhino 700 won't turn over

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jyang96 
#1 ·
Hey new to the forum and new to rhinos. I've always wanted one and now that I have one I'm pretty excited. The only thing is I bought this dead, got it for a really good deal though but all I had to do was change the oil pump which I had to take apart the crankcase to get to and I got it all put together and dropped back in. Got a new battery and went to go start it and it barely took will turn over, starter is in good shape I took it out and tested it and it works great and the starter relay ended up going out so I will have to get a new one but I bypassed it and it still won't start. I even jumped it and it still won't start it'll just crank real slow or just click or your hair it tried to spin but it won't go. Please need help any advice will help Im just anxious to get it going so I can ride it. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Well I changed it out cause where it meets the water pump it had twisted the broke the rod on both side water and oil shaft. But I figured it out now. I used liquid gasket maker for the crank cover gasket and it was rubbing the gears so it would spin, but I put an actual gasket on it and it works now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.