Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,808 Posts
If the rpm's are to high it'll be very hard to shift or your wet clutch went away. I'd pull the sheave cover off and see what the belt is doing when you rev the engine, make sure to keep the primary sheave cage on while doing this, as the cage supports the clutch drum housing. If the belt is moving fine then butt the rhino against something solid and slowly give it some gas. Do you get a light shoeing what gear your in?

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,808 Posts
It sounds like the wet clutch has gone away, how many miles on it and do you do a lot of mudding or hard pulling.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,808 Posts
yeah I was pulling an ice shack in deep snow and got stuck really bad
You may have smoked the wet clutch, if you need a new one stick with OEM not Ebay, you might order a slug kit from Hunterworks on here. Go to boats.com for the wet clutch and no you can't buy just the shoes.

Reactions: Brian Lee Rhino450

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,808 Posts
I just remover the clutch housing and everything seems to be working fine
Can you take a pic of the wet clutch. You stated "everything seems to be working fine" are you looking at the primary sheave or the wet clutch?

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,808 Posts
sorry I forgot to say that the front drivers side cv shaft came out. the front main shaft turns but the rear does not
Well we know it's not the wet clutch.....:wink

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Middle drive gear or gear and support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts