Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the group, try to make this as short as possible, 08 rhino 700, was running great, ripping around the acreage, stalled won’t start, went to check spark, pulled plug cranked over and fuel was spraying out the cylinder hole like a garden hose as well as out the exhaust, pulled injector assuming it was stuck open or leaking, had it tested and cleaned at an injector shop, tests good, run diagnostics, tps code, o that would make sense it’s calling for wide open throttle fuel, replaced tps, nope same problem, no codes, I can start the unit by just tapping the connector to the injector every few seconds, so virtually controlling its fuel supply, only thing left I can think of is the actual fuel control module which is msd and very expensive and non returnable, so I went to talk to the Yamaha mechanic and he said he has never seen those msd fcm modules fail especially under the conditions I explained, ( just quitting out of the blue not being swamped or anything) anybody have anything like this happened before?? Thank you and have a great day!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts