Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my rhino won't start up. When I parked it, she was running just fine
But now a few days later it won't turn over, I have a new starter relay on the way. When I bridged the starter relay it turned over but didn't fire. Should it? Or no?. I have a new battery in there as well. Also if I turn the key on my display gauge doesn't come on what so ever, could that be from the starter relay? Any info would be great. It's an 08 rhino 700 all stock.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine did something like that not long ago. I had display and it would turn over but not start. Gave a code of 12 which was the crank shaft position sensor. Checked the connection and it started.
Have you checked the main fuse?
I would go there first....

·
Registered
190 Posts
The code shows up on the lower left hand part of the display. No odometer or anything but code. But you said you had no screen? But you said you jumpered it over the relay taking the relay out. I would have to look at the start schematic again and make a wild guess....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah when I go to start it without jumpers it doesn't do anything at all, but when I hook up my 12v jumper box then my screen comes on. When I don't bridge the starter relay it just makes a weird humming noise, when bridged it turns over but doesn't fire.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You talking about jumper cables?? I think of jumpers as small pieces of wire that can over ride a relay to check if the relay is bad or to test a connector that I can't get my probes in.
If you talking about jumper cables then your battery doesn't have a charge. A Rhino won't start and run without a battery.
When my stator went out it was dead without a hot battery and when it got low it wouldn't run.....

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Charge your battery with a decent battery charger. Even a brand new battery needs to be fully charged before use. It could be that whomever you bought the battery did not charge it up or it was sitting on the shelf for too long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so iv charged up my battery and thats checking out good. got my new starter relay in. i do in fact have the dreaded letter e on my screen, will the rhino run at all? or do i have to get a new screen before it does anything. when i turn the key on to start, my fuel pump comes on and everything seems in working order (other then the E on my screen) and it wont even turn over or do anything. if it is in need of a new screen, where would the best place to grab one? with out bending over for the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 is behaving exactly the same way. I was running fine when I last shut it off and now it won't start without an outside 12v battery connected with jumper cables. Flick the winch switch and it's dead. Boost it again and it'll to a little ways before the engine light comes on and it starts to sputter and then die. I charged the battery and nothing changed; it has to have the outside 12v battery to start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.