Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

Today I installed a machine sheave in my 08' rhino and switched to greaseless weights and sliders. I also installed a wider performance belt I purchased through hunterworks.

Once I finished putting everything back together, I noticed the belt still had some slack but was where it needed to be (in the center of both the secondary and primary sheave) is this normal? the video on hunterworks says its fine and when it starts up the secondary will move back into position to where it was before it was slacked. is this correct? I fired the motor and everything seemed fine but I have not moved it yet.

What do you all think?

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Untill the secondary fully closes after you start it will look a lil loose. It sounds like you are good. Imo stock 700 belts are the best.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Best belt to stick with is the 700 they have Kevlar in them don't waste your money on other junk

·
Registered
175 Posts
what do u mean by in the center of both sheaves..should be riding all the way on bottom of primary and top of secondary..youll have to start it and get sheaves to spin to take slack up..make sure u put cam plate on right,,its on the splines correctly

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
X3 on the belt. There is, to my knowledge no such thing as a "wider" performance belt, it would defeat the purpose of machining the sheave for more low end. The stock 700 belt would be wider then your old belt if it was excessively worn.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
what do u mean by in the center of both sheaves..should be riding all the way on bottom of primary and top of secondary..youll have to start it and get sheaves to spin to take slack up..make sure u put cam plate on right,,its on the splines correctly

He's probably talking about when he had the bolts installed in the secondary to give slack for installing the primary. Once everything is tightened down, and bolts are removed, it will appear to be riding in the middle of the sheaves until motor is cranked over. If the primary sheave doesn't open allowing the belt to ride down to bottom of primary sheeve, then you dropped a roller and need to take it apart again.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
thats what i said

I was answering the question on what he meant by " in the center of the sheaves" and got carried away, HAHAHA!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright guys thanks alot. I think I'm good. I will report back once I take this thing for a spin sometime this week.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took it for a spin this morning. Top speed 46mph and one time, when i stopped and then floored it, it stalled out. Im not sure I installed this correctly. I think im taking it somewhere this week to be looked at and to have my cam installed. What do you guys think about all this?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I removed the stock one when i did the install and replaced it with a performance belt which had a wider track. I dont see how it could be the belt unless i did something wrong in the installation process but im almost certain i did not.

thanks again everyone

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One other thing i just realized...when topping it out, i never changed my msd setting to 2, it was on 1...would that have made a difference?

·
Banned
833 Posts
I removed the stock one when i did the install and replaced it with a performance belt which had a wider track. I dont see how it could be the belt unless i did something wrong in the installation process but im almost certain i did not.

thanks again everyone

if it is not a yamaha belt thats your problem....call me and i will get you lined out

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys im looking at buyin a trininty sheave for my 700 are they worth the money? i also was wondering when you install these sheaves does it bother the bottom end? i still use my rhino to hunt and work around and i dont want to ruin that,,,thanks

1 - 20 of 74 Posts