Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

07 Yamaha Rhino 660 Carb issues

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Gunfighter1970 
#1 ·
Hey all, I bought a 07 Yamaha rhino 660 project. I starts up just fine but when I step on the gas it starts to rev up and then tries to die. It also backfires. It has a chinese carb on it, but I got the mikuni with it that I will be going to rebuild. Any ideas what could be causing this and what a stock carb should be set at? Also, what idle speed should I set this at. As always, thanks for your assistance.

#3 ·
Racer,
I took of the Chinese carb and rebuilt the mikuni but when I was taking it apart I found the rear boot from the carb to the intake had a big tear in it. I ordered one and am waiting for it to come in. Will let you know what I find out. Thanks for the assistance.

#5 ·
For your idle, get it low enough that it runs smoothly and you can shift into gear easily. Idle too high will make it difficult to shift into gear.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the help. I got the carb rebuilt, new carb boot installed and now I get no fuel to my carb. I was reading on here about a fuel bulb so I am going to try that to prime the pump. Thought about an electric fuel pump by my son drives the rhino and I dont want it to keep pumping gas if he tips it over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.