Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 07 rhino sport. 27'' mud lite radials all around. The guy I bought it from said that it has a new clutch in it. I am new to a rhino. This past weekend I went riding some pretty steep hills. In low range 4x4 I was running out of power. The engine was still running strong, but the forward momentum was gone. It stopped completely with the pedal to the floor. The belt was not slipping, at least I didn't think it was. No burning rubber smell. It seems like it takes a lot of RPM to get this machine rolling. Some stock rhinos I have driven take off as soon as you hit the gas. This one seems like it has to load up before moving. Pretty high top end speed, but no low end torque. Any suggestions about a fix for the problem. I will mainly be on the trails and hills with the occasional mud pit.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would look to see what components are already installed and then maybe we can make some adjustments to better suit your needs.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
get a hold of JBS hot rod and get his sheave, will give tons of low end power.

turning those 27's is alot harder than the stock 25's

·
Registered
647 Posts
Could be that the grease in your sheave is hard and preventing the belt from riding lower? The rollers might not be able to get to the 'bottom', which would cause low power.

·
Registered
395 Posts
what you are discribeing is just what i went through...."Burt up wet clutch"...read about it and you will see....about 400 in parts...100 for wet clutch shoes,200 clutch drum 50 1 way bearing and 30 for nut,needle bearing,gasket and seal...real easy job

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 700 Rhino with stock engine and installed a HW sheave, gold spring and 16gr OD weights with 30 XXL mud lite tires and it will climb hills in high with ease... Tons of low end power and 44 MPH on top end with the 30 XXL tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts