Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Does your rhino have a stock or aftermarket CDI ? Looks like it started to detonate-piston was overheating-rings stuck and piston started to seize …Why ?? The list is very long to correctly answer that not knowing the engine ,rhinos rigging, or history. Also that is really hard on the rod bearings….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Does your rhino have a stock or aftermarket CDI ? Looks like it started to detonate-piston was overheating-rings stuck and piston started to seize …Why ?? The list is very long to correctly answer that not knowing the engine ,rhinos rigging, or history. Also that is really hard on the rod bearings….

Yes the previous owner put an aftermarket cdi in it. As far as anything else it seems stock minus the exhaust.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If your stock engine isn’t healthy , it’s over loaded ,fuel is old, etc a aftermarket cdi adds more timing and rev limits are higher-possibility is greater for engine failure at this point. Your cdi is fine up to 10-1 on a stock set up-if you rebuild the top end maybe consider a better piston 91 octane gas only -hopefully rotating assy isn’t damaged -lots of combs available -not a fan of the cheap kits…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The lower looks good and rod spins nice and smooth. I am going with a wiseco piston just not sure if I am going to replace or bore out the cylinder.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If your jug is OEM ,decks are true & can be bored to fit your piston of choice-perfect!!!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts