Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am new to UTV'S and new to the Rhino. I just bought a 07 Rhino 450 for $2800. I was looking for something that my daughter could ride in while trail riding (because in Wi they past the law that an ATV has to be factory 2up to have a passenger). I was curious how fast it should go. I got to 29 MPH and it is screaming off the Rev limiter. I couldn't get it to go any faster. We probably ride at 35 MPH on the trails. Should I be getting a higher top speed?

·
Registered
07 686, msd cdi, twin-air filter, Tyrex shocks, stage 1 hot cam, lots of old school tuning tricks
101 Posts
I can't comment specifically on the top speed for a 450, but I'm sure you should be getting more than 29 mph. If you're hitting the rev limiter, my suggestion is to service the primary sheave. There are some good you tube videos showing how to do it. Before you do that, however, take off the plastic belt cover, start the engine and rev it up. The belt on the rear sheave should travel all the way to the top. If it doesn't, the sheave needs to be serviced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts