Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

07 660 Park Brake Indicator Light Malfunction

8K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  debrabob 
#1 · (Edited)
The amber dashboard parking brake indicator light stopped working this weekend on my 07 660 Rhino indicating the parking brake is applied. The parking brake works fine with plenty of firm rear brake tension and I know the dash indicator bulb is working because it briefly flashes on while slowly turning the key to the off position from the on position . This is actually a handy idiot light because it is really easy to forget to release those puny pre-08 Rhino parking brake knobs before moving the Rhino especially if it's not set real tight. WTF ?

#11 ·
The bolt that holds the switch in place came out. Pull the eng cover the switch is located on the rear of the brake lever. There is a dimple on the switch that fits into the mounting braket.

My screw fell out as well. I replaced with a bolt but I can’t see a dimple where it’s supposed to “seat” as mine keeps moving and the light stays on or if I adjust the sensor it won’t come on at all. I can not find a parts diagram anywhere. Is their a special “keeper”?

Or maybe it’s a bad switch because sometimes I have to push the metal clip (spring) back to get the light to cut off.

I guess really I would like a parts breakdown of the parking brake. If anyone knows where that is ...

#9 ·
The screw is near the bottom on the side of the brake lever assembly and it threads in from the passenger side. If you do not see a screw it probably fell out already. Is your handle loose?

Reactions: xxlranch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.