Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 660. I live in Kentucky and came back from a long ride. Cleaned the machine really well. All of the 4wd system was working. Went riding on thursday go to push the button and nothing, light doesnt come on no servo motor sound, flip the switch and push diff lock and the diff lock light comes on but still no electrical sound. I figured the servo was bad. Got in from work last night pulled the servo motor tested it and worked fine, so has to be a relay right, i have another 06 model so i pull the relays from it and still doesnt work. Put the 07 relays in the 06 works fine. So i go well has to be the switch, Brother in Law has a 08 model pull the switch and it works fine on his machine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Sounds like your pretty electrical saavy but silly question. did you check fuses and power to relay? Have someone engage switch so you can check relay for switching on your ride. When I trouble shoot a problem with relays I start at the relay plug in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked all the relays and plugins i am getting power all the way down to the servo motor, pulled the motoragain put the batteries to it and the thing turns. i am stupified. any suggestions welcome

·
Registered
979 Posts
I might be wrong but measure the voltages between the harness and what ever battery your using, I think it uses a low voltage to trigger the motor and maybe the harness if off.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I was just looking at the schematic for the 06 660. The only thing I can see if there is power at the motor would be a broken ground.. seems strange but could happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you look at the schematic i have a wire that comes of the motor the plug with the 4 wires that is labeled br in the drawing, on the motorside with a test light it shows no ground or hot. trace it back up the the harness to the plug and it shows ground on both sides of the plug of the main switch. I taped the plug with 2 wiretaps and ran a new wire down and still didnt change anything.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I will look at the schematic tonight when I get back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so I have bee nplaying with the test light this morning. Of the nine wires that go to the servo 2 show hot all the time and 6 show ground all the time and one show nothing. I traced the wire showing nothing back to the black plug on the main 4wd switch. test it on both sides of the plug in and it shows ground, so i replaced the wire and go back to the plug shows ground and still nothing happens. should there be 7 grounds and 2 hots on the motor that show hot and grounded all the time or should they only show when the buttons are pushed for there sequence to show? This is about to drive me crazy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts