Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 450 rhino I'm having issues Going past 25 miles an hour on flat ground I'm running oversized tires with the proper clutch kit from epi installed I've also installed a high flow fuel pump, Air filter kit, new drive belt, Rebuilt the card with a carb kit And re adjusted the valves According to the owner's manual. I am fresh out of ideas on what could be wrong with my machine can anybody give me a good idea I'm where to look next.

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
Is the rev light on when not going past 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
25is the magic # on these rhinos, and it either the rev switch or the wireing fir the rev switch, when it tops out at 25 does it act like its hitting the rev limiter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all the rev limiter light is not on at 25 and it's acting like it's hitting the rev limiter.

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
I meant reverse light on the dash. When u put it in drive and ur driving does the reverse light on the dash stay on

·
Registered
13 Posts
My reverse light comes on and it acts like I hit the limiter but I am only doing 35km /hr. I can then go up to 50km /hr nothing happens. a while later it happens agin

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
My reverse light comes on and it acts like I hit the limiter but I am only doing 35km /hr. I can then go up to 50km /hr nothing happens. a while later it happens agin

Clean connector on top of reverse switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
OP, did you ever find the issue on your machine? My 450 is doing the same thing, and has the same parts yours does it sounds like. I can't figure it out..

Tried a new aftermarket CDI, and no change. Has new clutches, new belt, new battery, no lights on on the dash, and 21-22 mph is all it'll do before it hits a limiter and starts cutting out. Acts like it's in low range but it's not, shifting to low slows it considerably.

I'm at a loss. Hoping you fixed yours and can tell me what you did?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
i'm just going by memory but I think a flashing lite is a engine code. it is in the shop manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 04 had same issue. On long trips with sustained higher speeds the reverse rev limit switch would fail and drop the top speed down to 25. I replaced three times before I got an aftermarket cdi that by passes the reverse rev switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts