Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow 🦏 owners. I am hoping y’all can help a Canuck in getting this “machine” (currently don’t have anything nicer to call it, lol) running again. I have tried everything from rebuilding carb a couple times, to replacing fuel lines twice. Setting valves and replacing fuel pump twice aswell, and it’s just not running right. When I bought it, the item under the seat was not hooked up and I am wondering if that’s causing my fuel pumps to go on me? It has even back fires so bad it blew the air box apart. Which is when I adjusted the valves. I’m at a loss. It was so bad that it would bleed back into the tank within 5 seconds of shutting it down. Not just overnight but before I could get the seat off to get at the filter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Daniel

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the rubber grommet for the fuel tank line fall in the tank and turned into gooey snot that got sucked up in the fuel ,line and plugged up the new filter, check the fuel pick up make sure its not plugged , I put a small electric fuel pump on mine for priming only. once it is running i turn it off. it starts right up now. I can leave the elc pump on and run it that way to, just in case the oem pump stops pumping. A crack in the exhaust pipe can cause backfires out the exhaust not the carb. When its running if you pull the fuel line to the carb you should see it coming out the line. if not it could be fuel pump or plugged line. Try making a bottle and fuel line / or a syringe to the fuel line and gravity feed the carb to see if it will run that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts