Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the rhinos. I have a Kubota rtv900. I found a 05 rhino 660 near me. It would be for my father in law. He wants one for moving small amounts of fire wood and hauling deer out of the woods. The 05 that I found is “blown up”. I love buying stuff like this cause fixing things is my enjoyment. (Weird I know). My questions is what is this thing worth? He said $2500. He’s unsure there is actually a hole in the block. He’s pretty certain the rod broke and is suppose to get back to me tonight on a hole in the block. It has a 4 seater cage and seats ( will be removing first thing). 4in lift (removing) cdi box ( removing) exhaust and cams (also removing). I think it’s a good deal as I will be doing all the work (welding,machining Whatever it needs). Most rhinos around here are bringing mid $5000. So I think $2500 for the rhino with the extras to sell is a good deal. Am I wrong? I think he will have less then $5000 (which is the going low number around me). Sorry for the long post

·
Registered
501 Posts
You may be better off in the long run to spend a little more on one that is at least running - otherwise you're really venturing into the unknown, which could become a very deep $ hole.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m new to the rhinos. I have a Kubota rtv900. I found a 05 rhino 660 near me. It would be for my father in law. He wants one for moving small amounts of fire wood and hauling deer out of the woods. The 05 that I found is “blown up”. I love buying stuff like this cause fixing things is my enjoyment. (Weird I know). My questions is what is this thing worth? He said $2500. He’s unsure there is actually a hole in the block. He’s pretty certain the rod broke and is suppose to get back to me tonight on a hole in the block. It has a 4 seater cage and seats ( will be removing first thing). 4in lift (removing) cdi box ( removing) exhaust and cams (also removing). I think it’s a good deal as I will be doing all the work (welding,machining Whatever it needs). Most rhinos around here are bringing mid $5000. So I think $2500 for the rhino with the extras to sell is a good deal. Am I wrong? I think he will have less then $5000 (which is the going low number around me). Sorry for the long post
I second Sandbusters comment , I bought a running 05 rhino two weeks ago for $2500. It needed a solenoid and a rear axle $120 and three days later the wife was slinging mud like crazy ! I've seen several nice machines here in East Texas area for $2500-4500 in the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought a 04 660 for $900.00 had a blown head gasket and needed a lot of TLC spent about $500 on and that included a $100.00 for a home made windshield. Look around lots of people out of work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts