Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 Rhino that the rear axle only one wheel is getting power, so the thing gets stuck really easily on wet grass and gentle Hills so you have to use four-wheel drive in situations that shouldn't need it
What would cause this and how difficult would The fix be?

Thanks for your help

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Welcome aboard, broken axle or cv joint. I'd jack it up and pull apart the side that isn't working.

Reactions: Brian Lee Rhino450

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the advice rhino rat.
Not very mechanically inclined is that something that can be tackled by someone such as myself or do I need to take it to dealer

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the advice rhino rat.
Not very mechanically inclined is that something that can be tackled by someone such as myself or do I need to take it to dealer
No special tools required, go to youtube and search tons of videos on how stuff.

·
Holiday Winner!
577 Posts
It is all pretty straight forward. The bolt at the hub can require a bit of force to remove. Use a punch or little chisel to bend the sleeve on the nut out of the slot on the axle before trying to remove it. An impact is handy for this step if you can borrow one. If not I would remove the center cap and put the wheel back on chock the wheels and have someone stand on the break while you use a breaker bar or breaker bar (maybe with a section of pipe over it). It would be easiest to buy a complete replacement axle and swap it out, as that is most likely the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts