Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

04 660 $4250. Good deal?

964 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  lmcarraher 
#1 ·
Been searching for quite a while for a Rhino. Found an 04 660. $4250 sounds like a good deal. No digital dash. Have not physically looked at it yet but plan to and need some pointers. The only thing I know thats wrong with it is the guy changed the oil and now it smokes "some" when you accelerate. He doesnt know why just doesnt want to fix it. Fuel/cdi/exhaust is stock. Tires and wheels after market. Looks clean from little I can see. What should I look for? Please help.

#2 ·
Where's it smoking from? Exhaust? Engine compartment?

#6 ·
With out the digi dash you have no idea how many mile or hrs are on it. For a couple grand more you could pick up a nice low milage 06 or even a 07 with all the oem upgrades 04 was not a great year for the rhino its 1st year model and they have come a very long way sense
i see 07's all the time for 6k that are in close to brand new condition.
Im not trying to burst your bubble . I can just see the 04 being a money pit just to keep it going. Unless you are planning on doing some suspention and major motor mods then this would be the perfect buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.