Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching for quite a while for a Rhino. Found an 04 660. $4250 sounds like a good deal. No digital dash. Have not physically looked at it yet but plan to and need some pointers. The only thing I know thats wrong with it is the guy changed the oil and now it smokes "some" when you accelerate. He doesnt know why just doesnt want to fix it. Fuel/cdi/exhaust is stock. Tires and wheels after market. Looks clean from little I can see. What should I look for? Please help.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Where's it smoking from? Exhaust? Engine compartment?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Plan on rebuilding the motor so not such a great deal after you put out the cash for that you could get a clean newer model.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a way I was seeing it too. Should be able to do top end only right? Cant see that being too much. Machine work I would have done by a shop and the rest I could do.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
With out the digi dash you have no idea how many mile or hrs are on it. For a couple grand more you could pick up a nice low milage 06 or even a 07 with all the oem upgrades 04 was not a great year for the rhino its 1st year model and they have come a very long way sense
i see 07's all the time for 6k that are in close to brand new condition.
Im not trying to burst your bubble . I can just see the 04 being a money pit just to keep it going. Unless you are planning on doing some suspention and major motor mods then this would be the perfect buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts