Yamaha Rhino Forum - Rhino Forums.net - View Single Post - Rhino keyswitch help
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Bamarep
Spectator

Rhino keyswitch help

Hello All, new to the side by side world after being a long time atv rider/user/factory rep. I fell into a deal on an 05 660 that's a recovery unit that had been crashed. I chained her to a tree, locked the ole F 250 into 4 low and snatched the piss out of it a few time. BAM, damn near good as new. I got it running despite the keyswitch missing, changed all the fluids and she's purring like a kitten. I ordered a new solenoid and keyswitch to replace but my problem is that I don't know which wires from the harness go where on the back of the key switch. I figured out which two posts the batt and accessory wires should go but on the black and the blue/black I'm not sure. When I turn the key to "start" position neither of the other two posts "ping" my meter so I'm not sure which wire goes where.

Can someone please post a picture of their switch with the plug in it or even just the harness plug where I can see the wires? I don't want to burn something up by putting the wires on the wrong posts.

I also have questions about a good CDI upgrade to get rid of the rev limiter. Nothing crazy like you dune running guys have but just a simple upgrade for a little more power. Thanks for any help.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome