Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

multiple error codes

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  billywtucker 
#1 ·
Hey all just adding to the issues im having. I had the unit jacked up on the front end while i was working on the front end and changing oil. i started the rhino to run the oil through and everything was fine. After a couple days i dropped it down to start it and its throwing 8 error codes that all have to do with sensors. It will crank over but im not getting power to the fuel relay. Like a dummy i reset the codes and that didnt fix it but i cant check which codes they were. The only one currently displaying is code 37. Im jsut wondering what would cause 8 sensor faults all to occur. Bad ECU all of a sudden or bad ground? ive went through the battery box and fixed some corroded connections and put di electric grease on things. any help or point in the right direction let me know.

#3 ·
If it's like with automotive fault codes the first one is the place to start. Check your connection to the idle speed control sensor as that's what the code came up as when I googled it. If there is no reference voltage coming back from it that would probably be the reason it won't energize the fuel pump relay. As a rule of thumb. If something quits working after you have repaired or done maintenance on it retrace your steps and check everything in the area you were working. Just something I have learned over the years.

#9 ·
Hey everyone so I brought a buddy over who has done lots of work on rhinos and he noticed right away the fuel pump doesn’t kick on when you turn the key on. We looked at the fuel relay and it was calling to be activated but wasn’t putting any power through. Gave it a couple taps and it became unstuck and the fuel pump kicked on. Once I started the engine the code 37 that was on the unit cleared and went away. So for the code 37 issue I had. The fix was getting the fuel system fully functional again. I’m not sure what it had to do with that but it worked. I also went through the diagnostics and saw that initially the fuel pump system had zero volts so I should of clued in right there but was too worried about the code. Thanks for everyone’s help. I swapped the idle speed control valve with my buddy’s and it didn’t clear the code as well so I knew it was bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.