Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Help Belt and Clutch Sheave keep spinning

12K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Hunterworks 
#1 ·
06 Rhino 660

Drive belt and clutch Sheave keep spinning even while at an idle. When try to put into gear Rhino Jumps and engine dies. Any Suggestions? Clutch Sheave is Trinity Racing installed last year. Replaced Bearing in front of wet clutch and problem persists

#3 ·
Sounds like you installed the one way bearing backwards. When installed on the shoulder of clutch you should see the word "outside" on the bearing. Park the rhino on level ground and put it in forward gear with the engine off. Try to push the rhino forward. If the bearing is correct it will lock up to the crank and turn over the engine. If it freewheels, it is installed backwards.

#9 ·
Tried suggestion with Rhino in Gear it does Crank the Motor. Where should I start next?
Ok, now try to push it backwards with the gear selector in forward gear. It should freewheel when being pushed backwards.

#11 ·
Those posts are from 2011 doubt they are even still around on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
You may have the belt in a bind between the primary sheaves, just loosen the nut and with the gearshift in neutral rotate counter clockwise and make sure the spreader bolts are removed from the secondary. The belt should level up as you turn the sheaves. Then retorque the nut.

#17 ·
Did u try and call James? Since u put in his parts i would call him. Thats all i will say since there is bad blood between the two sites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.