I'm new to the site but registered a week or two ago and got some good in sight on what direction to go in with my new 700 rhino. After putting the rhino on my dyno I realized the rhino comes detuned compared to its grizzly and raptor family. Raptors dyno in the 37-38hp range on my dyno bone stock and my personal grizzly 700 makes right at 32hp. To my surprise the rhino made 23.?? Almost 24hp. That being said its hard for me to keep anything stock seeing I build drag bikes for a living and have a full fab/machine shop at my disposle. Here I am two weeks into owning the rhino and I decided to start the process. We are going camping at the dunes next weekend so this will be a fast turn around as I will work on it after work and when I have time.
Now for the plan. Nothing fancy just basic mods that prove to make good quality gains on my raptor projects. Cp 11:1 piston, hot cam stage 3, port and polish the head, stock size valves but going with raptor springs and retainers (I have them and they work fine with the stage 3 cam), greaseless clutch kit, power commander 3, bored stock throttle body.
These mods on a raptor make 67-70 hp on my dyno. My personal raptor makes 62-63 with the same mods except with a stock compression forged piston for the nitrous.
I just finished boring the throttle body. I didn't have a 46mm blade in hand and don't have the time to order one since I'm taking the bike rising next weekend. So what I did is take the 44mm blade out of a spare raptor throttle body and used it for the rhino throttle body. Cheap and easy and 3mm bigger. Not 46mm but it was free and it should help.
The top end is off and I'm stating to work on the head now.
Here are a few pictures of the bike and progress so far.
Again, this is not a big bore stroker project, but may have interest to some people out there.
The bike the day I got it. 09 700 with less then 100 hours. Very clean to say the least.
The start of tear down.
The t body bored and going back together.
All finished and ready to go back on the bike.
That's what I have for now. I will try and keep this updated over the next week with final assembly and dyno results along with riding impressions.