Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Crispy, stiff seat belts

11K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  FireRhino 
#1 · (Edited)
I have some Crow seat belts and it seems like once they get wet and dry out as well as being exposed to the sun after a while they get a little stiff and hard for the belt to slide through the buckle. Has anybody else had this problem or a way to soften the belts ? Didn't know if they sold a product or something that anyone has tried.
Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
I thought this thread was a joke when I saw the title and your screen name. Thought maybe they caught on fire :)

#11 ·
Never had my belts do that after getting wet, very interesting.

#12 ·
I did the fabric softener experiment last weekend and the results are good. The webbing is much softer and more flexible. Overall the belts are much easier to adjust, and they smell good! The true test will be during Thanksgiving to see how well the belts stay tight - this is the main problem with crispy/stiff belts.

I mixed to two "large load" amounts of Downy with approx 4 gallons of water and soaked all of my belts for about 15 minutes. Then, hang them up to dry (don't rinse).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.